Mobile Website Design
Based in Windsor, we are a small web design agency offering professional mobile website design for businesses in Berkshire.
We care about how your website looks. We think you should dazzle not only on laptops, but on mobile and tablet too. We are mobile web designers who can make sure your website works just as well on the go as it does on desktop.
We create mobile friendly websites
More and more people are using their mobiles and tablets to browse the web, use apps, shop online and chat via social networks.
Whilst these potential customers may be able to see your desktop website on their phone it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s mobile friendly. If mobile customers are unable to read and navigate your site with ease, contact you or make a purchase then your current website could be letting you down and losing you business.
To tap into this ever growing pool of mobile customers it is crucial that your website delivers a mobile friendly experience. One that:
- Is quick to load, read and use.
- Makes it easy to make a purchase or get in touch with you.
- Is simple to navigate through a clear hierarchy of content
- Helps people find your local store or office
We can help convert an existing website into a mobile site or design and build a mobile friendly website from scratch. We will also make sure the right kind of mobile content is available, all in an easily accessible format.
Responsive web design
Responsive web design technology cleverly adapts your website to the user’s screen size. Meaning your website will look good and work well for your visitors no matter what mobile device they are using.
It makes sure your website knows when it is being viewed on a mobile phone or tablet. It then uses media queries to find out the resolution of the device it’s being served on and uses flexible images and fluid grids to re-size to fit the screen.
In other words, images shrink to fit the viewing area, layout changes to a single column of content that uses a legible font size. The content of the sidebar might move to the bottom of the column or disappear altogether.
With a responsive web design you:
- Create an enjoyable, fluid mobile experience for your visitors.
- Reach a much wider audience than you would with an unresponsive website.
- Know that you only have to build a website once in order for it to work seamlessly across hundreds of different screens.
Why go mobile
There are a number of increasingly important benefits of designing with mobile in mind.
To keep ahead of the competition
More and more of your visitors are using mobile devices to view your website. If they find any difficulty in using it on their mobile they”ll be off to find one that is easier to use. This is dangerous as a large chunk of your potential customers could end up on a competitor’s mobile friendly website.
To maintain a high ranking in mobile search results
Google recently announced their mobile friendliness update coming into effect from 21 April 2015. This means that a website misconfigured for smartphone users will take a hit in mobile searches. Through adopting a responsive website design you’ll not only be enhancing the user experience of your website, but satisfying a quality criteria demanded by the most popular search engine.
Because mobile and tablet usage is growing (massively)
Mobile and tablet usage is seeing massive growth with sales of tablets set to outstrip laptops and desktops by 2015.
To future proof your website
Devices used for viewing websites and screen sizes are constantly changing. By building your website using responsive design technology, you will ensure that your website reacts to these updates without the need for an expensive redesign.
Because the stats add up
- A sale coming from mobile phones on eBay comes every 2 seconds.
- Smartphone sales have become bigger than PC sales.
- Tablet sales are expected to exceed 100 million in 2013.
- 28% of Internet usage comes from a mobile phone.
- In the retail industry, 16% of search queries come from mobile web usage. It was only 10% in 2011.
- 38% of UK tablet owners spend more of their time on their device than watching TV.
- There were a total of $241 billion mobile transactions in 2011.
- 86% of adults own a mobile phone.
Source: Westminster eForum, March 2012 and Pew Research Center for mobile web usage
Get in touch
Don’t lose this valuable pool of potential customers. Updating to a responsive mobile website doesn’t need to be as difficult as you think.
For advice on how to go mobile call us on 01753 313100.